A.B.N. 33 109 621 258
MOBILE: 0409 270 600
0412 400 086
OFFICE: (07) 3720 0915
FAX: (07) 3720 0915
Email: gropolo@aapt.net.au
Copyright 2002-2017
All Gas Appliance Service
We promote and encourage safety in all aspects of the workplace, particularly when dealing directly with matters related to gas and electricity. We also support safe work practices in all levels of gas appliance maintenance, especially for the safety of everyone directly or indirectly involved. (e.g. a large family with young children.)

We stress the importance of safety through awareness and strict adherance to the specific instructions provided by the manufacturers to this effect.
Never attempt any repairs on gas or electrical appliances without holding an appropriate licence. A good professional job does not always mean an expensive bill.
For all gas appliances:
- Never store rags, mops, paper and other combustible near any gas appliance.

- Never store or use flammable products in the same room or near gas or heat-producing appliances. Flammable products include petrol, methylated spirits, kerosene, insecticides, turpentine, solvents, adhesives, varnish, spray-paints and other pressurised containers.

- Keep flammable products well away from gas appliances in approved, tightly closed containers and out of reach of children.

-Have your gas appliances regularly checked or serviced by a licensed gas technician to ensure peak performance and that they are safe to use.
For water heaters:
- Water heaters installed in garages must be elevated to a minimum of 450mm above the floor and the products of combustion should be properly flued outside with approved exhaust pipes.

- If the water heater is located under the house and it is not flued outside, contact us asap in order to make it compliant with current gas legislation. A new water heater of an external type may be necessary if the existing one cannot be flued outside.

- Lower water heater temperatures to prevent scalding accidents. Water temperatures (caused by gas and electric water heaters) above 70 degrees celsius can cause severe burns.
Ring us ASAP if the heater is producing hotter than normal water.

- Feel the temperature of the water before bathing or showering. Do not leave kids unattended in the water.

- Read the manufacturer's appliance instructions for the correct temperature setting.

- Install a TEMPERING VALVE (Water temperature-limiting device) if you are concerned about scalding risks on children or elderly people. Check with your plumber for more advice.

- Check for the presence of yellow flames. Yellow flames indicate diminished energy efficiency in your heater, an increased consumption of gas and the release of carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas.
Call us ASAP if this is the case.
For a gas installation:
Know where your gas meter is. There is a master gas valve just before the meter that you should be able to turn off freely in case of emergency. Contact your gas supplier if you are unable to do so. It may need regreasing or a valve replacement. (Generally this is a free service by the gas supplier, as the valve before the meter and the meter itself remain the property of the gas supplier)

Check the gas pressure regulator on LPG bottles. If it is of the old type (single stage) or if you suspect it is more than 10 years old, have it replaced by a licensed gas technician with the current approved model that is known as a "double stage" regulator.
This will ensure the correct gas pressure is delivered to your gas appliances for safety and performance reasons.
For unflued gas room heaters or space heaters:
-Ensure they they are routinely maintained by a trained technician.

-Read and carefully follow the intruction manual provided by the manufacturer regarding the proper and safe use of these appliances.

-Do not neglect these types of appliances as poorly or unmaintained unflued gas room heaters can lead to incomplete combustion on the burners and the release of carbon monoxide which is very poisonous to humans.

-Never use these inside of bedrooms or bathrooms and always ensure the room is well ventilated when in use and always turn them off before going to sleep.

-Never use these appliances with a hose attached to a gas bottle inside the house.

-A carbon monoxide safety alarm can be installed for extra peace of mind.